As of today, Resident Evil 7: Cloud is available in Japan for the Nintendo Switch. The game is wholly streamed from the cloud. You can try out for yourself how well this works – even in English and completely free of charge.
How to get Resident Evil 7 on the Switch
All you need is a Japanese eShop account. It is effortless to put on. Then you have to start the game and change the language to English. You can play for free for 15 minutes. After that, you’ll need to buy a ticket to continue playing.
- Create a Japanese eShop account
- Download Resident Evil 7: Cloud version from the Japanese eShop.
- Starts the game and selects the left option in the main menu.
- In the window that now opens, select the left option again.
- Select the top option in the now opened window.
- Press the A key when the window opens.
- Now you can change the language to English.
- Streaming of the cloud version is still struggling with problems
The first players downloaded the cloud version of Resident Evil 7 to their Switch and reported about their experience. So the game is still running quite modestly at the moment. In addition to constant reloaders, visible image artifacts and the low resolution caused by the transmission, such as the YouTube channel GameXplain, are annoying.
Of course, some of these problems are probably due to the servers, but also to the huge rush so soon after the release.